Implant Game Plan

My current game plan for my implant.  Sorry for the crudely drawn diagram but just wanted to get some input.
Would this be an okay place to make the incision (dotted line). I had the final resting point (black spot) be slightly off center as to not interfere with my guitar playing, but just wanted to make sure that I wouldn't be hitting an important spot or anything.

Comments

• I have always seen the incision on the outer side of the finger, that way you aren't touching your new cut to all of the dirty surfaces that you touch on a daily basis. 
  • @benbeezy

I suppose you're right, but I plan to do the implant during winter holiday, so I won't really be doing much work. I thought maybe it'd be easier to have the magnet off center if I did the incision there, do you know if making the cut at the side would make the resting point any more difficult to obtain?  
  • Making a cut off to the side is the well tested method. And you think that you won't be using your finger much, but you are wrong, so wrong. Have you ever smashed your finger or something and then spent a day or two realizing that you use that finger all the time and it's a pain to not move it? Imagine doing that, for 3 weeks.
  • Not only that, but why on earth would you choose to enter through the area with the most sensitive nerve endings, making it way more unpleasant and likely to do damage?
  • Yeah, I get where you guys are coming from. Thanks a ton for the advice, I'll probably write up a second draft and post it on here once I'm done, later today.
  • There are some of the old blog things still up at my old site that I haven't gotten around to updating. Example:

http://augmentationlimitless.blogspot.com/2013/09/implanting-magnet-iii-procedural.html

It aint great but it might help.