Magnet implant questions

edited December 2015 in Magnets
Hi,

I have read the Wiki and also some of the threads with relevant subject lines, that has answered a lot of my questions but Still have some that go unanswered. 

I am new here but I do have the Xnti tag in my left hand, I work in IT so I want to be sure about a few things. has anyone damaged their phone with these magnets (some phones are not well built) also has anyone picked up any form of hard disk with these magnets in their hand? I want to be sure as I don't know the power yet of the magnets that I wont loose client data or if I will need some leather gloves.

This also may seem silly too but I read here that you should avoid using the magnets for a while as it could take 6 months to heal. What is the best way to do this? We always use cutlery and normal metal objects like a door handles.

Anyone that has any thoughts on this please let me know it will help out with my decision on getting the magnets. Also does anyone know where to buy them as Dangerous things has a new manufacturer and is on full back order.  
Tagged:

Comments

• So phones are totally safe and so are most common electronics but be careful around the IC's and such just to be safe. The one thing that'll get messed up for sure are magnetic strips on some cards, but lets be honest, you shouldn't be using that sort of card anyway.

Easiest way is to learn to grip things without that finger. Same with typing. I learned to climb a rope without the finger mine was in. You work around it. 

Everyone is trying to get magnets atm. Unfortunatly paraleyene C coated is the only thing available atm so if you're super gung ho then go for those. Otherwise ya gotta wait till someone gets TiN working again

• Was there an issue with the previous batch of TiN coated magnets, or did they just sell out?

Just curious as I have 2 m31s lying around that I am still waiting to implant. I preordered them a little over a year ago and am now just debating whether I should implant them, or wait till a new (perhaps improved?) batch.
  • The first m31s test out as safe even with improved tests; however, the next batch will be significantly improved.
  • if you are in the UK I have found some m36's at a shop that buys from dangerousthings.com I want to get 4 in my left hand each finger which is why I was asking about grip as one finger you can learn fast to not use it but one whole hand. 

let me know your thoughts.
  • edited December 2015
    Which shop? And how much?
  • Rude Studio's in Leeds. Luke is the head piercer and has been piercing for 15 years, I cant vouch for his work but have had over 10 recommendations to him. 

The NFC chips were not from DT as I once thought so please do ask him questions as well your putting in your body. 

I have spoken to Luke and he is very helpful and friendly so do call him they have two stores in Leeds.