Inductive charging and heat

It seems that inductive charging is the defacto standard for powering complex implants, but a problem comes to mind: heat.

Sticking my edison project on a qi wireless charging pad is producing lots of heat, enough that it'd probably cause issues if it was under my skin for many hours during a charge cycle (after charging it does not generate enough heat to be an issue thankfully).

Is this excess heat something the body will deal with naturally thanks to the magic of homeostasis or is it a problem that needs correcting?
Tagged:

Comments

• With further testing it seems the heat is only at bootup time, so never mind
  • it's not that hard to monitor the temperature of your hardware (you should do that for safety reasons to begin with). Once you detect dangerous temperatures it's relatively easy to stop the charging process on most QI receiver chips. Alternatively you build your own inductive charger with limited output to never bring dangerous energy levels into your device in first place.
  • So I am doing inductive charging with mine, and the way I fit the heat issue is by putting the warm parts in the center of the implant layers, this makes it so the head has to travel through some pretty insulating stuff before getting to my body. and in the test it only get slightly more warm than room temp, so in the body I dont think it will be noticeable, but I am charging a very small battery.